Thursday, March 10, 2011

Creamy Cashew Asian Dipping Sauce


I love steamed vegetables and am always looking for ways to jazz them up with different dressings and sauces.  Rather than rely on store-bought who-knows-what's-in-there jarred sauces, I prefer to experiment with my own.

This creamy sauce was super-simple to make using my immersion blender.  I threw all ingredients into the blender cup that came with my blender, so clean-up was a breeze.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 30 minutes in water, then drained
1 clove garlic, minced
juice of 1 lime
1 sweet red, yellow or orange pepper, seeded and diced
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar (can use white or cider vinegar, too)
2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
1-2 teaspoons garlic-chili sauce (use more or less, depending on heat preference)
1-2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
water (enough to achieve desired consistency)

Combine all ingredients in blender except water (only add water as needed for desired consistency).  Puree until smooth and creamy.  Use as a dipping sauce for vegetables (raw or steamed) or spring rolls, or as a dressing for lettuce wraps or salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment